Kenny Servera/ Sports writer intern at Sportsragous.com
July 14, 2010
Since the 2010 NFL season is a couple of months away, I have decided to break down all 32 teams ranking them from the best to worst. You may be surprised at where I ranked these teams at but it is always up for debate. Here is the list:
1. Indianapolis Colts: Yes I know they lost to the New Orleans Saints in the Super Bowl but, as long as Peyton Manning is under center at every game they have a shot at winning. Manning also has that bad taste in his mouth when his team lost the Super Bowl. Look for him to have another stellar year and possibly return to the big game
2. New York Jets: My Super Bowl pick to win it all. Many people forget that the Jets went to the AFC Title game with a rookie head coach and a rookie quarterback. This season, they will be even better with the acquisition of Antonio Cromartie, LaDainian Tomlinson, Jason Taylor and Santonio Holmes. Look for the Jets to lift the Lombardi Trophy in Dallas.
3. Dallas Cowboys: Perhaps they finally figure things out in the Big D. The question is could they win it all at Jerry’s World?
4. New Orleans Saints: I wasn’t happy when the Saints won the Super Bowl but they are an exciting team to watch. Mostly all the players on the championship team are intact but the problem is Will Drew Brees succumb to the Madden NFL video game curse by being on the cover?
5. Green Bay Packers: Brett who? Aaron Rodgers has done a good job filling in for Farve. A serious Super Bowl contender.
6. Minnesota Vikings: Is Brett Farve coming back or not? And how can he follow up last season?
7. Baltimore Ravens: With the addition of Anquan Boldin and Joe Flacco (who has the best arm in the league in terms of throwing it long distances) can this team finally get to the top of the summit like they did in 2000?
8. New York Giants: This team is an enigma. From winning a Super Bowl three years ago to an 8-8 record last season, could they be Kings of New York again?
9. Washington Redskins: Awfully nice for the Philadelphia Eagles to practically give away Donovan McNabb isn’t it? Will Dan Snyder’s moves finally pay off?
10. New England Patriots: Why do I get the feeling that this team will make the Super Bowl this year?
11. Cincinnati Bengals: Are they the NFL’s most underachieving team?
12. Miami Dolphins: This team made the biggest splash by trading for Brandon Marshall and signing Karlos Dansby. Could it work in Miami? If not will Lebron James join the team as a linebacker?
13. Arizona Cardinals: After losing Kurt Warner, Karlos Dansby and Anquan Boldin in the same off season, it may be possible for them to win the NFC West if Matt Leinart could stop partying.
14. San Diego Chargers: Only way they are going to win the AFC West is if Denver shoots itself in the foot again. If not I don’t see them winning the west. LaDainian Tomlinson’s departure will be huge.
15. Chicago Bears: Was last year an off year for Jay Cutler or is it a Chicago Bears quarterback curse?
16. Houston Texans: Should they be nominated for an ESPY award for the category of “Best NFL team not to go to the playoffs”?
17. Tennessee Titans: Is Vince Young finally on his way to becoming an elite quarterback or last year is just a fluke?
18. Carolina Panthers: Start Jimmy Clausen and I guarantee you this team will win the NFC South.
19. San Francisco 49ers: Great defense, all pro running back, a young receiving core but one problem: Who’s the quarterback of this team?
20. Jacksonville Jaguars: Will this finally be the year they overthrow the Colts in the AFC South?
21. Pittsburgh Steelers: If Big Ben leaves, how bad is this team? And can their defense be their dominant selves?
22. Atlanta Falcons: With Matt Ryan and Michael Turner on this team, I think it is time for them to lead this team to the Super Bowl. Both Ryan and Turner are the most two underrated players in the league.
23. Philadelphia Eagles: Kevin Kolb are you ready for some football?
24. Denver Broncos: How long before Tim Tebow starts? Why do I get the feeling he’s not going to be a very good QB?
25. Seattle Seahawks: Hey Pete Carroll, are you sure you want to coach this team? I mean you had a good thing going at USC…
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Why did they fire Jon Gruden again?
27. Buffalo Bills: How can a team who gone to four straight Super Bowls in the 90’s rank so low on my list? Did Terrell Owens ruin this team?
28. Kansas City Chiefs: They still play football?
29. Detroit Lions: Give it two to three years and they will make the playoffs…in my dreams.
30. Cleveland Browns: Did Mike Holmgren regret not signing Lebron James to a 5 yr $110 million dollar deal to sign with the Browns?
31. St Louis Rams: Don’t worry St. Louis your savior has come in the face of Sam Bradford.
32. Oakland Raiders: Al Davis never gives up doesn’t he?