In four days, the NFL season will officially begin with the Green Bay Packers visiting the Super Bowl champions Seattle Seahawks. Not only the season will begin, but the fantasy football season will begin also. Here are the top five defense that you need to draft before the season starts:
1. Seattle Seahawks- The Seahawks defense have been labeled as the “Legion of Doom” and they play at the loudest stadium in the world. Also they have the best cornerback in the league in Richard Sherman. Expect more of the same defense like last season.
2. San Francisco 49ers- The 49ers could be in the conversation for the best defense in the league but they are missing a key piece in Aldon Smith who could be out for 6-8 games. Will the 49ers be missing him or will they do well without him? Plus four games against the Rams and Cardinals? Not a bad deal.
3. Cincinnati Bengals- The Bengals on this list? Before you judge this, the Bengals have 6 six games against the Browns, Ravens and Steelers. Not exactly offensive juggernauts.
4. New York Jets- Yes they don’t have a legitimate cornerback but hear me out. The Jets defensive front five is a beast. Sheldon Richardson, Muhammad Wilkerson, Quinton Coples and company will be out for the quarterback in every game. They will carry the defense.
5. Arizona Cardinals- The Cardinals were sixth in sacks last season and seventh in scoring defense last season. With Darnell Docket out for the season, will they repeat their numbers? Plus four games against the Rams and the Cardinals should help.