With 2015 finally being over, it is time to focus on the 2016 MLB season. Last year, the Kansas City Royals shocked the baseball world by defeating the New York Mets in five games to win their first World Series in 30 years. In anticipation of the upcoming season, here are the top 5 teams in baseball for the upcoming season.
1. Kansas City Royals- The World Series champs are number one on this list because well they are the champs. With the loss of Johnny Cueto and Ben Zobrist, there is a chance that they might have a let down this season. Then again these are the same Royals who can “keep the line moving.” Going back to the World Series wouldn’t be much of a shock.
2. New York Mets- The New York Mets won the National League pennant last year which was a huge surprise. With a young pitching staff consisting of Matt Harvey, Noah Syndergaard, Zack Wheeler, Stephen Matz and the ageless wonder Bartolo Colon, the Mets have the best pitching staff in baseball. With the potential loss of Yoenis Cespedes, can the Mets survive without him?
3. Chicago Cubs- The Cubs have the potential to break the century old curse with the additions that they made this offseason. With Ben Zobrist and Jason Hayward and John Lackey, can the Cubs finally break the curse?
4. San Francisco Giants- Like the Mets, the Giants have a great pitching rotation. The Giants also has a habit of winning World Series in even-numbed years. With the additions of Johnny Cueto, Jeff Samardzija and returning ace Madison Bumgardner, will the Giants continue this trend?
5. Houston Astros- Yes, the same Houston Astros who was one win away from going to the American League Championship Series. With Cy Young award winner Dallas Keuchel leading the rotation, will the Astros shock the baseball world again?