We are just under a month away from pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training. With the new season fast approaching, here are the five laziest predictions for the 2016 MLB season:
5. The Kansas City Royals Will Repeat As World Series Champions: The Royals are coming off a championship and despite losing two key players from their championship team, they are expected to return to the World Series and be the first team since the 1999 and 2000 Yankees to repeat.
4. Giancarlo Stanton Will Win The National League MVP- Stanton is one of the favorites to win the MVP this year. With the Marlins expecting to compete for the National League East crown, it wouldn’t be much of a surprise if Stanton hits 40 home runs and 120 RBIs and lead the Marlins to the postseason.
3. Teams like the Arizona Diamondbacks Will Have A Great Season- The Arizona Diamondbacks shocked the baseball world by signing former Cy Young pitcher Zack Greinke away from the Dodgers. With Paul Goldschmidt in the lineup and Greinke will lead the Diamondbacks to the playoffs.
2. The Boston Red Sox Will Not Go To The Playoffs- Despite the additions of David Price (which they grossly overpaid for) and closer Craig Kimbrel, the Red Sox middle relief is still suspect. With the farewell season of DH David Ortiz coming, it might end a little early for him.
1. The Yankees And Mets Will Be Back In The Playoffs- After two years of not making the playoffs, the Yankees played in the Wild Card round where they were shutout by the Astros . As for the Mets, they made it to the World Series where they lost in five games. The Yankees and Mets both have the potential to return to the postseason.